Tuesday 6 August 2013

Charlecote Park - National Trust day out in a Warwickshire garden


Today Kate took me to 
Charlecote Park in Warwickshire - so pretty.


What a lovely day, and we dodged the rain!
It is a 16th century country house on the banks of the River Avon, with deer in the parkland and a beautiful garden. We also sampled the wonderful culinary delights in the Orangery restaurant.

We went to see Charlecote because they hold Art in the Park which I hope to be involved in. They have included many great local artists’ work including 
Rachael Carter; a sculptor working in willow and steel.

We called in at 
The Arter in Old Town Stratford on the way home. It was Kate’s first visit and she fell in love. The gallery is in Hall’s Croft, Shakespeare’s sister’s home.

Definitely try to visit both if you can!

Thanks Kate for taking me.


This is a variation of my news on my website so that I can learn to blog. I think I may get addicted!

































No comments:

Post a Comment