Monday 2 September 2013

Inspirational : Work books (Not ceramics)

These are more books that have inspired me. There are quite a few, but I could not decide which to choose!

'The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes' by Christopher James. At college, I really enjoyed 'Experimental Photography'. This is a brilliant book that explains and covers many of the early photographic processes. 




 'Three-dimensional Embroidery' by Janet Edmonds is a very inspiring book. It is packed with original ideas for unique textiles.I do not not normally enjoy textiles but after doing a module way back at university, I became much more interested.


Another beautiful textile book is 'The Art & Embroidery of Jane Hall'. This is a wonderful, unique book with a combination of art, photography and prose written by a textile artist about the natural world that inspires her.


'Handmade Baskets from nature's colourful materials' by Susie Vaughan. I went on a basket making weekend a few years ago and it was brilliant. The lady running it recommended this book. It is fantastic and very inspiring. The book shows you step by step how to make a range of beautiful baskets.


'Jewellery Making A Complete Course for Beginners' by Jinks McGrath is an amazing book. I am about to experiment with making jewellery, after a customer asked. I will keep you posted on the results. I adore this book and have just started to read it but have fallen in love.



My final book is 'The Women's Institute Book of Country Crafts'. Although no longer in print, I really like this old book and how it explains everything in great detail. The book covers making corn dollies, spinning, dyeing and weaving and basketry. 


I really hope you like some of them and find something that grabs you too : )

What would you recommend?

Other blogs in the 'Inspirational' series -



No comments:

Post a Comment