Tuesday 14 October 2014

Cha Cha Challenge Yourself

I have just made a new video about the ballroom dancing which Ian and I do on most Saturday mornings. We have been going for about 4 years and have a private one hour lesson in a church hall in Worcester. Our very patient instructor is Debbie.


Unfortunately I have inherited a very rare, neurological disease SCA1 (Spinocerebellar ataxia type 1) and ballroom dancing really helps both physically and mentally. I first read about the benefits on Dr Tom's wonderful website. He is in the US and had to retire because he has ataxia. Ballroom dancing will help anyone but especially those who have a neurological disease because it allows you to move with the support of a partner in ways you wouldn't normally be able to. This helps you to exercise more muscles.








I am very lucky because I have a great husband who finds the time to come and learn with me each week. Although we will not win any prizes, we do have a lot of fun and can sort of Waltz, Rumba, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Tango and my favourite Cha-cha-cha.



Thank you so much for Kate finding the time to come and film us so brilliantly. If you would like to have a go there are lots of dance schools. If you are in Worcester, Debbie and her husband Steve McCormack both do private lessons and arrange group dances. You can reach them on 01905 458407.

I am so lucky having such a wonderful family to help and support me. Thank you all XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment